Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guy's here's the deal. I have a 10 bolt rear end with drum brakes. I have mounted a standard Chevy e-brake unit/peddle under the dash. Now, #1, how can I get cables made to connect the two. #2 how do to I connect the two to work together. #3 what should I use to support the cables where they will need to make a turn.

Thanks Rick

·
489 Lemans
2,139 Posts
cables

The end of the cables will be threaded with a nut. Use a piece of angle iron. Drill a holes in it and insert cables and snug up nuts to adjust cables. When making a turn, attach a piece of angle iron to the floor and drill a large whole in the protruding end and feed cable through hole to support it. If you measure out the cables you should be able to find cables from different models that will adapt.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
As far as routing and hanging the e-brake cables go to a junk yard and pick up a handful of hangers off different cars. There are dozens of different styles so you shouldn't have a problem finding something that will work. most of them are made from bent up 1/4"[ rod. Making a couple wouldn't be that hard either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.