Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
True Hotrodder
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My old trailer has the interior vinyl covered lauan walls. Just humidity and age I suppose but in some areas the vinyl is starting to peel back - has anyone found anything that will work to put the vinyl back in place? I tried some spray adhesive but no luck even after taping it down with masking tape to hold it while it dried.

·
Registered
791 Posts
When the interior guys use that spray stuff, they will spray a light coat on each side stick them together, pull them apart and let that tack up for a little bit, then stick them back together.
I don't know much, but I know a little bit about a lot of things! Hopefully this will work for you. Other than that you're looking at replacing stuff, or living without it!

·
True Hotrodder
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll give that a shot next time. I'm ticked off because I just re-did the interior on this trailer a few years ago and I had a couple of minor places that I sprayed and it went right back in place but now I have more of it coming loose this time. The humidity this summer has been killer around here for 2+ months and I think that's a big reason for it. If it doesn't work, I am going to replace it with the FRP stuff. $30 a sheet but at least it will never fail. Trailer has only left my driveway one time all year on top of everything else!

Reactions: ExcellenceAuto

·
Race it, Don't rice it!
7,691 Posts
Two part epoxy is holding the tiles down in our stacker.
You might care more than me but stapled the corners down after laying down the epoxy and smearing it around with tree leaf.

·
True Hotrodder
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Two part epoxy is holding the tiles down in our stacker.
You might care more than me but stapled the corners down after laying down the epoxy and smearing it around with tree leaf.
Yep, I had the large checkered tiles in mine for years and just removed all of that a couple of years ago. That adhesive was a PITA to get off the floor! I have about 2/3 of mine carpeted with indoor/outdoor stuff and then the back part is just grey porch paint now. I also have a couple of pieces of the 1/4" aluminum sheet under the tires. I try to keep it looking decent but she's an old box now and no way I can ever afford a new one. 21 years now but it gets me to the track and back. My three boys have been racing less than half that time and all of them are on their second trailers. Thought I taught them better - LOL!!

·
Premium Member
11,051 Posts
when you spray adhesive,spray both pieces and let them dry to the touch.. where it won't be sticky when you touch the two pieces anymore. then push them together, But make sure it's where you want it..It has to dry apart first then stick them together.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts