Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1953 Mercury m-350 converted to a half ton

460/c9 auto from a 78 lincoln (not sure junkyard find)167,000k

9" from a 78 ford pick up

free rims.
295/60/15's Not shown (rear)
255/60/15's Not Shown (front)

2001 chevy door handles x2

1980 ford 150 frame and stepside box...(hopfully)

Custom dual exaust w/o headers 2 1/2" thru super turbos with a 4 inch tip

custom intake- built as a ram forced air type unit

Interior:
Buckets redone from a lincoln continental.
Steering column from a 1980 lemans, as well as steering pump/box combo

Custom Carpet" Red with black trim.

Custom sterio done be my and friend: 2x kicker xpl 10's
800 wat rockford amp
jvc 3150 deck dvd/mp3 combo
7" dvd screen
2x alpine 3.5's 3 ways
2 pioneer tweeters
4x visonic 6x9's

(this is whats now been decided to go into it...) Lol many hours spent in my parts shed determining what i need)
here is a rendering

Attachments

·
Left Nut, Right Nut....Squish!
363 Posts
I've seen plenty of older trucks with newer style bed on them, most look butt-ugly. Occasionally there will be a nice one. Say a 69 shortbed with a 90's chevy stepside bed on it, those look okay I guess.

Dont take no offence but I think that bed doesnt do any good for it's looks, mabey you can find that year of bed your truck is or one that has curvature to it. My opinion, the step side in the pic has too many harsh angles compared to the roundness of the front of the truck itself. I dont mean to be a downer, the front part looks nice lol .:thumbup:
good luck to ya on it.

·
stuff'n things'n whatnot
356 Posts
I just have paint so yeah.... Its an 02 ford box, its got the rounded smooth design that the 53 has, its either gonna be fiberglass or probably plastic so no rust :thumbup: and its gonna be a helluva lot easier to find than a 1980 stepside box (never personally seen one that didnt look like swiss cheese!) my scale is off and the box isnt straight but you get the idea! sumptin to think about anyway.

clicky clicky for the picky

·
Registered
1,192 Posts

·
Left Nut, Right Nut....Squish!
363 Posts
Well, ya could just make it a flatbed. Angle iron frame with a natural colored hardwood floor. Laquer the wood and paint the frame the same color as the body.
Wow Cold your readin my mind, I was going to say that, but left it out intentionally. Grab some wood stain it, laquer it, what ever, and build a flat bed, most-likely it would look sweet.

from Nightfire's :D link: ^^ that does look pretty nice, I like it, GoosesGarage is doin some good work.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.