Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
You got a leaky spark tube...
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Chevy 400 at the machine shop right now. If the block checks out I plan on supercharging it and running an internal balance forged crankshaft. The current goal is somewhere in the 550 hp range. My question is this, what would be a good bearing choice for both the mains and the connecting rods?

·
King of my Man-cave.
2,896 Posts
Blazin72 said:
I have a Chevy 400 at the machine shop right now. If the block checks out I plan on supercharging it and running an internal balance forged crankshaft. The current goal is somewhere in the 550 hp range. My question is this, what would be a good bearing choice for both the mains and the connecting rods?
.0030"-.0035" mains, .003" rods

tom

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
One of the machine shops here says he sees a lot of durability with King bearings on the circle track engines he builds, says the guys tuning a lot of these are way off and detonation etc. doesn't hurt the King bearings as often as clevite and others. I bought King for my BBC but haven't put her together yet. Bob

·
King of my Man-cave.
2,896 Posts
baddbob said:
One of the machine shops here says he sees a lot of durability with King bearings on the circle track engines he builds, says the guys tuning a lot of these are way off and detonation etc. doesn't hurt the King bearings as often as clevite and others. I bought King for my BBC but haven't put her together yet. Bob
I also have heard good things about King bearings. If my supplier had them, I would try them.

tom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.