Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just fired up a motor for the first time last night. I was going to let it idle at 2500 rpm for a while to start the break in process. I pretty much immediately had to shut it down due to a fuel leak. I got that repaired and fired it up again earlier today but again, had to shut it down when i noticed a transmission cooler line leaking like mad.

Is this going to hurt the break-in process? It was oiling wonderfully, i had the passenger side valve cover off because I wanted to inspect valvetrain and make sure pushrods were spinning and all, so i didn't exactly notice the tranny line last night.

I could be being paranoid but I really don't want to mess anything up with this one. On a positive note, the thing fired up immediately and I havent had any other problems out of it. It ran VERY well for the 2-3 minutes it has run.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
It's best not to shut them down, or lower the rpm during cam breakin, but I've had to stop the breakin numerous times. I just keep track of time and make sure I get the breakin done fully, even with stoppages.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.