Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot seem to locate any information on the proper method of plumbing in my fine vintage heater/defroster unit to my Highboy's '48 Ford Flathead engine. I believe the lower heater (intake) water tube connects by flex hose to one of the threaded ports in the RH aluminum head. Am I correct? I do not know where the upper heater (return) water tube connects into the cooling system. Recommendations, Please. Also, can anyone tell me which direction the coolant water flows through this engine?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ford flathead

Give Hal a call at 419 237-2884. He has a garage in Fayette, Ohio and specializes in flathead parts and know-how.

PS

·
Troll Hunter
2,694 Posts
pasadenahotrod said:
Often the heater return hose was run to nipple inserted in the lower radiator hose on the passenger side.
It would have to be something along that line. I looked at 2 in the shop and they both have the feed one but no return. I think I recall them going into the upper radiator tank, but that may have been a specific application and not all year/models. If it went into the lower hoses it would be getting run right back into the engine and make it a even hotter, it would be best to have it run into an upper hose.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Docs Toys

Heater Return Hose Goes To Lower Rsdiator Hose...passenger Side. Nipple Goes Through Hose With Nut On Inside..has Patch Sealant.
Later Model Flatheads Have Return Fitting On Water Pump...passenger Side.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts