Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently purchased a ford hot rod with a chevy engine. for my own record i want to know what year engine i have. the number on the front engine is k1206ufc and it looks like the casting number in the back is 14034768. i have looked everywhere online trying to find what year it is with no luck. i even went to the chevy garage in my town and they couldnt find anything. anyone have any ideas how i canfind the year and for sure the size of the motor

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
numbers on the front block on passenger side are definetlly k1206ufc the numbers on the back i thought i had them right but they are hard to read so those numbers might be off.

that explains why it doesnt have much power only 165 hp

·
Registered
12,338 Posts
the big balancer is likely a 350.the 305 balancer is the same diameter but the outer ring is thinner on back side,the 400 looks like a 350 balancer but has a notch on the inside ring.
looks like you have a lopo 350

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it just has the edelbrock manifold with the 4 bbl and it was recently tuned up. it runs good but just doesnt feel like it has the power. maybe down the road ill add to it to make it a little better.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Check the casting numbers again. The closest number I could find was this 1988-94 14094766 305 cid. Maybe this is why it doesn't have the power. Another thing to do is pull a valve cover to check the head casting number.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.