Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I recently picked up a 72 nova with a 250 6 cylinder engine and am planning to do a 383 stroker swap. Does anyone have any suggestions or opinions on what type of engine mounts that I should use. Anyone had any bad or good luck with any particular brands?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Kay;)

·
Banned
2,440 Posts
hope you have room to do this see with the 250 6cyl . the front clip needs to be removed first, then measurement need to be taken. Also springs and for now the front brakes off . Then we can get to the motor mounts.
what rear is going in it , what trans, frame reinforced , see way to much to start off with just a motor mount.

the key to a good build is to have a master plan and tweek it.

·
WFO
5,030 Posts
Hello! I recently picked up a 72 nova with a 250 6 cylinder engine and am planning to do a 383 stroker swap. Does anyone have any suggestions or opinions on what type of engine mounts that I should use. Anyone had any bad or good luck with any particular brands?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Kay;)
Pick up a set of V8 frame stands (the ones shown are an example, you may find them cheaper) and use whatever brand (Moog, etc.) of rubber motor mount (bolts to engine '72 back, '73-up uses a rubber mount bolted to the frame and a steel motor mount bracket bolted to the engine). The rest is plumbing and wiring to mate the existing w/the new. The fan shroud is different for the V8.

The '72 Nova came w/the "corporate" 10-bolt 8.5" differential/rear end. It's strong and can be improved by using an Eaton limited slip diff and 30 spline axles like from Strange or Moser along w/a good set of gears in the ratio of your choice. Likely the gears in it now will be in the 2.73-3.08:1 range.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts