Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I had just put in the 327 on my 64 impala, then made it run and got it in timing, after that we found out the transmission was bad so we had to take everything out again, once we put everything back together the intake manifold or the carb started to make this galloping or sucking sound when you rev the engine, I did remove the intake manifold to check lifters, and then put it back on, and I have 1405 Edelbrock it also started to make a pinging/dinging sound on top of the carb as well. Can anyone help me out I’ve been trying to figure it out for two weeks now.
This will show you what I’m hearing

·
Super Moderator
18,376 Posts
Welcome...Not a good idea to out your phone # on the internet. It's an invitation for scammers.

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
And I’m old and don’t know how! LOL!
Try this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And I’m old and don’t know how! LOL!
Try this.

Thank you!

·
1949 Ford Coupe RESURRECTION
684 Posts
I suppose you have already checked your pushrods, rocker arms, lifters, etc.? That surely sounds like valvetrain related to me but I'm listening to it on my phone so it's not very good representation of the sound

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
Edelbrock carb, eh!
Pull the air cleaner off and rev it as you look inside.
I’ll betcha it’s flooding like crazy.
I can’t see a pressure regulator.
You need one to limit fuel pressure to 5 psi.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I suppose you have already checked your pushrods, rocker arms, lifters, etc.? That surely sounds like valvetrain related to me but I'm listening to it on my phone so it's not very good representation of the sound
I haven’t checked my valves again, when I put it back in again I doubled checked them but I’m gonna check it again my rocker arms might be to tight on the pushrods

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Edelbrock carb, eh!
Pull the air cleaner off and rev it as you look inside.
I’ll betcha it’s flooding like crazy.
I can’t see a pressure regulator.
You need one to limit fuel pressure to 5 psi.
yeah I took the video before I did any thing to it since then I did get a fuel pressure regulator and gauge I also resealed the carb I don’t see it flooding but sometimes it does shot gas up

1 - 10 of 10 Posts