Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 84 camaro seems to have a large amount of exhaust when i start the car.. someone mentioned to me that it could be some sort of leak. Should i do something about this? Also my idle speed seems really low. I have automatic overdrive, so its usually low but when i come to a stop it seems to sound like its chugging. It just a rough sound. Then when I accelerate I get this wierd smell I cant really describe it but i was wondering if the two had anything in common? Im not sure what the smell is from but it has just happened recently so its a little strange to me. When i open the door it gets stronger.. there is no smoke under the hood though.. so i have no idea. Any input would be appreciated

·
Registered
159 Posts
eM-K said:
My 84 camaro seems to have a large amount of exhaust when i start the car.. someone mentioned to me that it could be some sort of leak. Should i do something about this? Also my idle speed seems really low. I have automatic overdrive, so its usually low but when i come to a stop it seems to sound like its chugging. It just a rough sound. Then when I accelerate I get this wierd smell I cant really describe it but i was wondering if the two had anything in common? Im not sure what the smell is from but it has just happened recently so its a little strange to me. When i open the door it gets stronger.. there is no smoke under the hood though.. so i have no idea. Any input would be appreciated
check iff all cylinders are fireing,, iff you have 1 bad spark plug she will icle lower than normal and cause the chugg.. work thru the elimitation process,,..

·
Shop Owner And Troll Hunter
2,643 Posts
eM-K said:
My 84 camaro seems to have a large amount of exhaust when i start the car..

someone mentioned to me that it could be some sort of leak. Should i do something about this?

Also my idle speed seems really low. I have automatic overdrive, so its usually low but when i come to a stop it seems to sound like its chugging. It just a rough sound.

Then when I accelerate I get this wierd smell I cant really describe it but i was wondering if the two had anything in common? Im not sure what the smell is from but it has just happened recently so its a little strange to me. When i open the door it gets stronger.. there is no smoke under the hood though.. so i have no idea. Any input would be appreciated

If your smelling the exhaust, you must have an exhaust leak, very dangerous, Get it fixed ASAP.

:sweat: :sweat:

Troy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts