Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1982 chevy p.u that is in need of a new engine. The original engine is a 305 4 barrel. I have a 350 I'm going to install. The 350 has only about 1,000 miles on it but it's been sitting for about 5-6 years. SHould I go completely through the engine just to be sure? Also, I would like to build it a little hot but not too hot for the street. I thought about grinding the rods to be equal weight, what do you think? Any other advise would be apprciated

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have an 86 chev pickup that I bought new back in 86.It came with a 305 4 barrel.In 99 I pulled that engine out and put in a 91 350 with a roller hyd. cam.I milled the vortec heads .060,bored the block .040,ground and balanced the crank.I drive this truck 6 days a week, 70 miles a day back and forth to work,and let me tell you that I enjoy driving this truck.The response my accelerater pedal has is awesome.60 miles of my daily trip is on the expressway,so I am really able to open it up.I also have a 98 suburban that I will have to do a little more to,because my 86 blows its doors off.Let me know if you have any more questions on how to make your truck come alive and good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts