Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do i need and were can i find the parts to swap in a bigblock?i have a 85 s10 reguler cab,short box that is in very good condition and my old race motor and trans.the motor is a 468 that produces about 700 hp and a powerglide with all the goodies the truck will be narrowed and set up as a prostreet or weekend warrior.what hedders,motormounts[or motorplates],and anything else would i need to complete this swap.it seems nobody can give me a straight answer or they say put a smallblock in it but im not gonna build another motor when this one is perfectly fine.

·
Hotrodders.com moderator
9,581 Posts
Big block S-10

I would expect that the motor mounts would have to be fabricated..probably have to do a cut in the firewall as well to get a big block in an S-10..

The small block just goes in one of those with a little bit of massaging to get it in..not a whole lot of room left..

the reasoning here to put in a big block..(got one-got the s-10) is good..just gonna take some major whacking to get the big block in there..makes sense to me..

lots of time with a tape measure will be time well spent planning just how this is gonna go..:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
well I've seen a big block shoved in a chevette so I believe anything is possible. The Firewall will probably have to be set back or at least some of it will have to cut out and pushed back. I dunno about the steering but the stock one will probably be in the way. Also headers might be a problem. But dont sacrifice space for a small radiator, might as well cool that big motor before you blow it up. Another thing that'll be hard to do.

Have fun,

Mike

·
Giggity Giggity
62 Posts
Check out www.jagsthatrun.com They have a full swap manual on how to do it. I just bought there 240z V8 conversion manual, and it is incredible. The best part is they sell all the parts u need(in a package or separate) or they even tell you where u can get them elsewhere. And, as far as motor mount brackets etc, they give u the full diagram on how to build them yourself, or u can order them as well. Great place, and steal t $30.

-Greg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts