Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my name is Eric Kyttle. I have a 2000 Chevy malibu with 106K on it. The motor is very quiet and runs real smooth. The valve covers and bottom of the oil cap are covered in a yellow milky substance. The car has never come all the way to temp but pretty close. I bought all the gaskets to have the heads plained and redone but i with how well it runs i am tryin to figure out if maybe just the thermostat is bad and since the car never comes up to temp maybe the condensation in the motor never clears if it doesnt come to temp. Should i just put new head gaskets on it anyway? Thank you!

·
Registered
95 Posts
those engines have major problems with the intake gaskets leaking internally and externally look below the throttle body on the engine block there is a well near the distributer blank if they are leaking you will see coolant there. also the engine will eat coolant or overheat. check with gm they have extended the warranty on most of those engines p.s. if you end up doing it yourself 2 things, use fel pro perma dry gaskets and the exhaust pushrods are shorter than the intakes if you reverse them you WILL bend valves

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gm

thank you. i appreciate the advice and i made that mistake once on the push rods...not fun. I`ll have to check it out and i think i am just going to replace all the upper end gaskets just to make sure im not guessin on what could be wrong.

·
Registered
973 Posts
eric kyttle said:
thank you. i appreciate the advice and i made that mistake once on the push rods...not fun. I`ll have to check it out and i think i am just going to replace all the upper end gaskets just to make sure im not guessin on what could be wrong.

Naw,....... Don't Do That,...... Read your Other Thread 1st............... :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.