Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking for a company who sells engine turned silver foil striping like what jc whitney sold years ago. i would like to use it on my dash like the later 70's trans ams had. any help would be appriciated. [email protected]

·
Registered
533 Posts
I know the stuff namedlo- but don't know any dealers- it is self-adhesive decorative vinyl and some of the metal looks are really cool- a guy here in town applies them so I'll ask whenever I see him- I just think he gets it at a hobby store in one of the bigger cities. Try a search under vinyl graphics maybe- good luck!

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Why not just make it? T/A's dashes were aluminum sheets, not foil. All you would need is some aluminum sheeting a drill press and some time on your hands and you have yourself a dash. The turning mandrels are only a few bucks. I think even Eastwood sells them.

HK

·
Registered
9,050 Posts
Turning mandrels? and all these years i've been using a drill press and the erasure end of a large pencil with some valve grinding compound!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Haneline may already have the pattern. If not make one and send it to them. They will make a beautiful stainless steel engine turned panel for around $100.www.haneline.com/

·
Registered
1 Posts
engine turned foil

Any luck finding an engined turned foil -- Duesenberg pattern? Looking for same to decorate a book cover.

·
Registered
583 Posts
try this company, they sell sheets of engine turned aluminum or stainless steel with different sized patterns to chose from.

www.fpmmetals.com

they also sell a few pre-shaped panels. hope this helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts