Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm building a 31 Chrysler and have obtained a 2004 Dodge hemi 5.7 along with the transmission and all the wiring harness from a donor truck. I Need to find a good source for a wiring diagram of a complete engine electrical system , or someone who has experience with modifying the original harness for street rod application. I found an online service manual at a Dodge trucks website but it does not have a great overall schematic. there is only one place that I found that makes an aftermarket harness and they want over a thousand dollars for it. I realized that trial and error can be almost if not more expensive than that, so if someone has some experience I would appreciate hearing from them.

Docrod

·
life is a ride
1,540 Posts
Think of it this way.
The 2004 engine, trans, etc. does not know it's in a rod.

All of the components that controlled the engine and trans. in the pickup will need to be operating in the rod. You will need the original computer from the 2004.

Go to www.alldatadiy.com and for $25 you get all the diagrams for this engine (as well as the entire vehicle). They are separated by system. This should enable you to reconnect and duplicate all the controls for the 2004.

vicrod

·
Registered
3 Posts
docrod

look under street & performance www.hotrodlane.cc
then type in on line tech support
on the 5.7 wiring you will a complete wire harness each wire by no. and what they do

chaswick
ps iam installing a 2005 5.7 hemi in a 39 ply business coupe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts