Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the subject of motors has been brought up I'd like to ask if there's anyone out there who knows where I might get some 1963 - ???? 289 c.i. Ford Motor Company valve covers with "Mercury" stamped on them?
I'm sure everyone knows that the FMC 289, 302, and 351 W are basically the same or interchangable (although I'm not sure if the 351 W valve covers are interchangable).
Incidently, in the future I may be looking for a 351 c.i.
Thanks,
Charlie Smith

·
aka Duke of URL
4,815 Posts
Charles F. Smith said:
I'd like to ask if there's anyone out there who knows where I might get some 1963 - ???? 289 c.i. Ford Motor Company valve covers with "Mercury" stamped on them?
I don't remember seeing early SBF rocker covers with raised MERCURY on them. I remember FORD.

These are the older style (closed). The later style were open with POWERED BY FORD stamped even on MERC power.

If you come across a set or if anyone here remembers them, please let me know.

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,859 Posts
If'n I remember right, cobra jet was on the cyclone engines (289) in the Mercurys. dan

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks

Thanks for the replies. I don't remember them either but I ran across a guy at a Hot Rod Club B-B-Q that used to race a Mercury Cyclone in the 80s that swore they had raised letters on the valve covers.
thanks again,
Charlie Smith

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.