Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Instagram: partsretriever
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay. Firday, October 15, 2004...
My girlfriend comes over as planned the night before. She's unusually cold and leaves her coat on, instead of taking it off like a normal person visiting. I ask what's wrong and she doesnt say. I pry a little, and she breaks up with me. There's the usual "another chance" thing and all, and I eventually let her go.

Today, Wednesday, December 1, 2004
I'm at the bank depositing my check. I back out of my place and put my now-best girl into Drive. I look up, and there's Kim, waving at me (she has a 1995 GASE sedan, 3100v6). Well since we live in subdivisions right across from one another (0.7 miles by driving) we go our seperate ways at the same time off the main road.

I go home, and hop online. A few minutes later the phone rings. I answer it and it's Kim, my ex-girlfriend. We chitchat a little, and then she mentions that she's in my driveway, and maybe I should let her in.

**dont get the idea that she came by just to make out with me or something**

I let her in, and we chitchat a little, she explains that she's dropping off some stuff (class ring (I already got the promise ring(pearl) back, key to my GA, other stuff). I ask open-ended questions and in my opinion when I spoke, I oozed with confidence and optimism. We hugged, and I picked her up, we were there like that for 5 minutes it seemed. I was happy. We hugged alot, and did a smidgen of flirting (she physically poked me a little and stuff saying I look good in my scrubs, and stuff like that).

I asked her about her job, she asked me about my med school (to be a medical assistant), and she told me that she's going in Friday Dec.3 at 5am for a MRI since she's been having bad headaches a lot "for the past month or 2" (thats about how long we've been broken up for). We talk some more, and I keep it light as far as cars go. Then anyways she says she has to go shopping with her mom and has an appointment at some spa thing with her older sister tonight. When I hinted at perhaps going out sometime, she didn't seem to like that much (body language).

Well I asked when I should call since she works nights alot, and I got an idea of when to/not to call. I also told her I'd call prolly once a week, and she told me to keep in touch. Since she hinted not to let it go on long (mentioning tonights plans) I let her go first, being a "challenge" guy, the opposite of what I used to be. Plus she left about 3:15, and has been over since 1:45.

So, I'm wondering what to do.

Yea in another thread, the twins look better, but they both already have boyfriends and I don't know where those guys are so I cant run them over.

fyi- im not seeing any girls right now.

·
Just one of the guys
3,074 Posts
Sounds like you had just better let her go. Act like your not interested anymore and see if she comes around. If not then it is over.

I also told her I'd call prolly once a week, and she told me to keep in touch.
Go ahead and call prolly. Maybe you can hook up with her.:D

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
you can't respect somebody who kisses your arse.

She broke up with you. Been there, done that, she doesn't have anybody to give her attention right now, so she'll use you for it. As soon as you start dating somebody else she'll go nuts. Either that or she'll lead you on until she finds somebody and grind you up all over again.

Don't be a sucker. People who dated can't be friends. At least not for a long time. To much invested.

k

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
String here along, and be sure to tell here how easy Medical school is for you.
Make her suffer and show no interest other than friends.

Doctor name carries a lot of weight with the money hungry
women.

·
Registered
579 Posts
i wouldn't waste my dime calling her again. if you are all kissey and suck up to her , she'll have you by the short and curlies.she'll play with you when she wants(like when there's no-one else around for her).
every time i was dumped for no reason it was cause she wanted to date another guy and wants to do it with a clear concious,and later she can say "well we weren't dating at the time".but they want the door left open without asking.
i would do one or both of the following,sleep with her best friend (or sister), and go directly to her worst enemy and do her too...or all three.
DO NOT tell her about this, her real friends will do this for you. if she comes back to you ,you'll know it's love...mike

·
Just one of the guys
3,074 Posts
i would do one or both of the following,sleep with her best friend (or sister), and go directly to her worst enemy and do her too...or all three.
That man knows vengeance!!!!

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Kevin45 said:
That man knows vengeance!!!!

Chasing after her best friend no matter how ugly! Will kill her!
Sisters work good to.

She probably dumped you to try out some tough guy anyway.
They just don't leave for the fun of it!

·
Registered
579 Posts
he's really young for us to be telling him the truth about the fairer sex.
i wish i had listened to the older guys when i was a lad.i would have become harder and colder at a younger age , and therefore better prepared to deal with the cold vicious ways of the common trollop.lol.mike
fresh trollop anyone??
once you see them for what they are, you'll be better prepared to get what YOU want and be done with them...mike

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
mikeweyman said:
he's really young for us to be telling him the truth about the fairer sex.

Your right!, we would scare him to death! He would never date again, well women anyway.

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
I'm sorry I couldn't make myself read the whole thread. But I still have one question. Is this going Friends with "benefits" thing or what?

·
I dun learned sumthin
248 Posts
Been there done that, its like deja vu. Run like the wind man get away. Any girl that plays games like that is crazy.

·
Banned
431 Posts
killerformula said:

She broke up with you. Been there, done that, she doesn't have anybody to give her attention right now, so she'll use you for it. As soon as you start dating somebody else she'll go nuts. Either that or she'll lead you on until she finds somebody and grind you up all over again.

Don't be a sucker. People who dated can't be friends. At least not for a long time. To much invested.

k
thats EXACTLY right.

listen to killer.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Blah, she's just toying with you so dont take it too seriously and dont be supprised if you go over to her place one day, look around, and all the pictures you two had taken together, and other memorabilia are now gone. She's just giving you back your old stuff and trying to say good bye nicely.

And dont even bother thinking about it, if she left you, then she had someone else lined up and thats her BF/fall guy now. Women can be very mean when they think they are being nice. So just dont lose any sleep over the whole thing and ignore her, infact just put her out of your life.

But I'm not one to talk, it's been over two years now and I still miss my Ex, been over a year and I miss my little roomy friend aswell.

Good luck!

EDIT: Also remember one very important thing! Woman can turn that emotion they feel toward someone(ie. love) off just like a light switch. One day you two might be saying how much you love each other and the next day she hates you for the rest of your life. It is just how women function and are able to go through men one after the other. Until they find someone who will A. not pry into their life. B. someone who is intellegent, strong, fun to be with and can support them. C. Someone with alot of money. It's not the woman's fault totaly, it is just what has been engraved in them since the begining of time. They are the most heartless creatures on this planet.

·
Super Moderator
6,623 Posts
crazy larry said:
date her MOM. that'll really erk her.:evil:
LOl Larry, you dog.:thumbup:

Mind if I mow your lawn Mrs Robinson?

·
Registered
144 Posts
killerformula said:

k
Killer hit the nail on the head! The whole thing was excellent advice!

Don't play her little reindeer games. As much as it sucks to let someone go, you gotta do it. Just like Killer said, "don't be a sucker!"

Good luck, bro...

Rock on and God bless...

Señor

1 - 20 of 36 Posts