Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 700r4, aluminum driveshaft,new u-joints,9 inch ford,3.70 ring & pinion,auburn posi,30 inch tall tires. With the car changing from power on to power off (coasting), I hear knocking sounds from under the car.When I put it up on jackstands,in park, I can rotate the wheels back and forth about 20 degrees or so. It makes a nasty klunk when shifting from drive to reverse, and vise versa. Is this normal.

·
Administrator
10,121 Posts
cheech beach said:
Hey Cheech, you've got real problems there, better take it to a pro. It could be the LOOSE NUT behind the wheel! Thats what you get when you drive it like you stole it!

Why are you responding to your own post?

I see there was no response to your original post. Perhaps having a shop check your car would help? Knocking noise during power transfer is not good.

There is always some slop in the drive line parts. Each item has a certain amount of 'give' or clearance. When this adds up there will be a bit of slop.

·
You got a leaky spark tube...
2,854 Posts
cheech beach said:
Hey Cheech, you've got real problems there, better take it to a pro. It could be the LOOSE NUT behind the wheel! Thats what you get when you drive it like you stole it!
Crosley, I think he was trying to be funny... I don't think he was making a serious response to his original question.

·
Administrator
18,635 Posts
Blazin72 said:
Crosley, I think he was trying to be funny... I don't think he was making a serious response to his original question.
Yeah...Everyone here knows that I am the only one that answers my own questions.........."Do not"....."Do so"...................

I don't think he should have that much play in the rear end....I would be checking it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.