Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellas :welcome: I'm new to Hot Rodders as a member but have been reading info on this site for while!!! I am working on my first project truck a 1976 Custom Deluxe w/ 383 stroker, and I am trying to avoid going to a two in and one out muffler. I'm wanting dual exhaust, but still need ground clearance because I plan on doing about 3/6 drop. Maybe lower, I haven't really decided due to this delimma. My question is does any know a company that makes aftermarket transmission crossmembers that will help with the clearance? Or if anyone has the dimensions of one that they have built?? :confused: I have tried looking everywhere on the bulletin for some answers but haven't had any luck.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
I might misunderstand what you are trying to do with the exhaust. However, on my '75 GMC K25 the dual exhaust pipes go over the trans crossmember, and the crossmember has a very slight bump downwards to increase clearance. It wouldn't do much good to change the crossmember because its nearly level with the frame rail already.

Maybe mine is different because of the transfer case mounting. I have a lot smaller clearance on the passenger side than on the driver side, but its still fairly easy to fit an exhaust pipe between the crossmember and the bottom of the truck.

Bruce

·
Banned
1,971 Posts
theres no clearance issues of of exhaust on these trucks

run them over the crossmember or one under and one above

eithewr way still plenty of ground clearance on the full size trucks

no issues here

225 will get you full length duals run 2 1/4" size at most shops

ones that dont rip ppl off anyways

any more than 225 is a rip

good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.