Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. So I have a quick question. I want to install cutouts after my flowmasters. The reason being I like the sound of dumps cruising around town on Saturday nights. But I also like the sound of my tailpipes on the express without the droning of the dumps. So my question is would it be a good idea to install the cutouts after the mufflers and I can open them up when I want dumps but when I want to be quiet I can close them off? I think it's a good idea. I just don't know if there's any bad sides to this. Any help is appreciated thanks!

·
Registered
17,613 Posts
Yes after the mufflers. I want the car to have dumps and tailpipes. Lol I thought it was a good idea
So, you want the muffled sound of the exhaust, but you want it to reverberate the sheet metal under the car, right out of the mufflers, is that right? Hmmm, that's the sound we always tried to get rid of because it sounded like some gradeschool kid fabbed it. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
loud humm

I remember a buddy's Factory 427 Ford cast iron headers that dumped just under the driver's-passenger foot wells. It vibrated the roof panel, doors and quarter panels when you got to the harmonic frequency RPM.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
With the electric I am referring to ,You retain full exaust muffler and tailpipe you have an adjustable dump at the header or manifold which ever you have ,open as much or as little you want ,you don't remove anything, it bolts between your header and collector you will heve to shorten the pipe behind the collector about 6 in. Just a thought .or you can mount it behind muffler just order a 2 or 2=1/2 which ever size you have instead of the 4 in.

·
Registered
12,338 Posts
want a cool sounding engine?
I like the sound of a 450 plus HP engine going through a full length 3 inch system.The sound pressure is related to the power output

1 - 11 of 11 Posts