Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im building a 1983 chevy k10, it has a 350 .60 over mild lunati cam and headers, it sounds GREAT open pipes, but i am wanting to throw a set of flow masters on it, my buddy has a 80's chevy c10 with a stock 350 and flow masters and he has a real pinging sound every time his cam hits. well i want that sound and i also want it to be as loud as the flow master 10 series. what are you guys running flow master wise?

i just want something to really bring my cam out at idle and roar like a bigblock at high rpms

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
to me; few things sound worse than flowmasters on a mild smallblock at idle. Sound great when you're trying to push the pedal through the carpet, but sounds horrid at idle

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah thats what im wanting to get, but ill wait on the x-pipe for now until i get some more money rolling in, Eggman63 has got it, i want my cam to pop real good and sound nasty at high rpms, but i was stuck between the 40 series and 44 series, because i cant really find a video that you can actually hear to make a choice, i like the tinny sound where it pops,
i love the way that truck sounds at idle

·
Proud LOSER
2,185 Posts
yeah thats what im wanting to get, but ill wait on the x-pipe for now until i get some more money rolling in, Eggman63 has got it, i want my cam to pop real good and sound nasty at high rpms, but i was stuck between the 40 series and 44 series, because i cant really find a video that you can actually hear to make a choice, i like the tinny sound where it pops, 350 Chevy Small Block Choppy Idle in a 76 K20 Chevrolet - YouTube i love the way that truck sounds at idle
Dollar for dollar...and for a vicious sound try the moroso spiral flows, I run them on a high compression but mild cam 350 and it sounds like an animal...between my big block hood and my exhaust it gets mistaken alot......and is pretty funny when I open the hood and its a lowly cast headed, qjet carbed 350.....I had flowmasters on my last 2 cars, then on my avalanche, and loved them, but these spiral flows are awesome....YouTube them and there is C3 with a 383 and lots of converter and it makes me giggle.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.