Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
4 chevys and a ford
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK. I attached my pipes back to the manifolds after putting in a new engine.
I have a 2001 chevy express w/4.3l. The seals look like they are ceramic donut shaped seals. One of the seals is leaking pretty bad. I tried tightening, but to no avail. Is there a trick, procedure, or something that i'm missing? Neither seal leaked before I unhooked the pipes. Do these seals wear out? Visually the seals looked fine. Should I just get a new seal?

What about the older style seals? Will they work?

I successfully put in a new engine/fuel injection, and countless other parts and upgrades.......And it is the pipe seal that has me stumped.

Thanks Hotrodders!
Brian

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,859 Posts
I would say replace the gasket, making sure it is squarely set and evenly tightened when you bolt it back together. Some parts are cheap enough that replacing them is better then the aggravation of having the proble. Inspect the ebd of the pipe to be sure they aren't bent or a broken chunk of metal gone. I know the old gaskets would ruin quickly if not properly seated, I don't know about the newer stuff.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.