Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ihave a 81 TA with a 305 in it headers installed.The pipes and mufflers i want to use are from a 74 firebird that had a 400 pontaic engine in it,the pipes and mufflers are welded and are duals sand are in excellent condition all stainless.Now what mods and hangers setup would i have to do to use this setup.Thanks all.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Barring any differences in sway bars your '81 is basically the same car as the '74 on the bottom side. The system will bolt up no problems other then doing some mods to plug it into the headers on your 305...
Mark

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Astroracer but my concern was this exhaust was bolted to a 400 pontaic,now its going to a sbc would i have to get new pipes bended to hook to exhaust.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
stoney 81ta said:
Thanks Astroracer but my concern was this exhaust was bolted to a 400 pontaic,now its going to a sbc would i have to get new pipes bended to hook to exhaust.
Did you read the last part of my post?
The system will bolt up no problems other then doing some mods to plug it into the headers on your 305...
Your pipes will need some tweaking to fit up to the headers. Whether the headers are on a Pontiac or a Chevy makes no difference. Headers on either motor would require re-working the head pipes to fit up.
Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts