Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will the exhaust system off of a 1974 Pontiac system fit a 1978 trans am. I want to go true duals and I am having a hard time finding any true duals for the 1978, and they appear to be everywhere for the 1974. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SSedan64 said:
Yes it will fit.
now the question that i have has to do with hanging it. the cars are the same generation so i am going to assume that there is not much different on the underside of the car. So if i bought the 74 exhaust, could i use the mounting brackets that come in the kit to hang it on my 78? how hard would it be to put it on.

·
Registered
6,009 Posts
Should be very minimal mods needed. The 78 may or may not have every hole for mounting hangers as the 74 would. The reason they don't offer dual kits for 75 up is because that's when most smog control, cats and unleaded gas etc.. went into effect. Y-pipes to single pipe then to 1 muffler then 2 pipes out etc.. In other words, it's illegal. Smog police. :boxing:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.