Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would just do a rear clip so I could keep all the Explorer parts- shocks, sway bar, ect.
Well the shocks will be 7 inches into the trunk and using the explorer frame would kill off most of the trunk as it has a ladder frame.
My buddy wants just drop in a 4 Link- we can do that but I know Ford put much thought into making a 'System" for a vehicle with weight and height- I plan to keep the car high.

My car is 4000 Lbs and a unibody- A Russian ZIM
Thoughts on the Explorer - OR suggest another vehicle - OR the 4 Link....

Attachments

·
T-Bucket, Corvette, Mustang
507 Posts
why not just keep the 2 rear spring layout, buy some brackets from speedway for the rear springs, . add a sway bar and shocks with a length you need.
If the vehicle you have is a unibody, I'm not quite sure how you would do the clip as the Explorer is a frame vehicle, so you would be grafting the frame to the unibody. I agree with timothale - if your vehicle can handle the rather long leaf springs that come with the Explorer rear axle then use those with a shorter shock. Beyond that the 4-link is a good option.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.