Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
E.T. divided by $ spent= Speed
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do they make a good permanant dye for fabric.I can get a way better headliner than I got but its the wrong color. Who makes it? How much does it cost?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Got some good fabric dye at the grocery store about two years ago. Used the black on my seat cover, and it aint fadin yet. I dyed it in the washer and let it soak for about six hours. Let it just soak in that dye all day. When i was done i ran the washer through a cycle with soap and bleach only, to clean it out, and i never got any black on my whites! I think it was two bucks a box, I used four boxes. Cant remember the brand name, but my buddy works there, ill try to find out for ya! Check out wal-mart or someplace that sells fabric and the like, you will find some neat stuff there way cheaper than you will in the catalogs!

[ June 23, 2002: Message edited by: 72 chevy ]</p>

·
Returning American Maddman
444 Posts
Be careful about washing it after. Heed the advise of 72 Chevy after using the washer. Remember Hot Rod rule #1. It is also Life Rule #1. If mama ain't happy, ain't NOBODY happy. :mad: If you screw up the machine, she'll take your car and you'll be dead man walking :eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts