Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE A 68 CHEVY WAGON AND THE WOOD GRAIN IS FADED. IS THERE A WAY TO BRING IT BACK TO LIFE? (SUCH AS DIE OR ?) OR DO I NEED TO REPLACE IT? IT LOOKS VERRY NICE BUT FOR THE FADING. IF I DO NEED TO REPLACE IT WERE WOULD I FIND THE WOOD GRAIN? IS IT A HARD JOB? SHOULD I HAVE IT DONE BUY A BODY SHOP? WHAT WUOLD BE A FAIR PRICE TO HAVE IT DONE? THANK YOU BIG JER

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
If its real wood a good classic restoration or customs shop would know what to do, but not just a regular repair shop. I don't think, although I could be very mistaken that its real wood, I think it either plastic or paint. Or it could just be wood paneling that can be taken off and replaced or refinished. If its just the paneling it can be done at home by yourself if your at all good with your hands. Let me know if its real and if its paneling that can be removed easily and I'll be happy to help further.

HK

·
Registered
74 Posts
I think a 68 chevy used wood grain decals. They go on like window tint, real pain to remove the old ones. I would look around for somthing designed to make vinyl shine and try it first.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts