Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damn Im getting tired of this crap. I try very hard to keep my vehicle running good and smog compliant. It is an 84 Blazer with a 350 with 5000 miles on it. Carb is a new edelbrock C.A.R.B. cert. It failed 2 weeks ago due to high hydrocarbons. Replaced plugs, wires reset the timing, oil is clean and the air filter is also clean.Again they are saying high hydrocarbons. Any ideas? It is not like I am driving a POS.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Rejet time ?

Did it fail at low or high speed test ? You might have to pay to have it worked on someone that will do a tune -test with it not hooked up to sacto computer. My 5.0 ford engine passed in Calif, Then when I was working in Utah, had to have it retested there . It failed low rpm test. 4000 ft elevation change it needed Carb tunning to match altitude change. . C. .a. r.b approved parts can still need work to get good numbers. The last Time I had my 5.0 Mustang smog tested in Calif, I wondered why It was taking so long. Then I saw the Tech sniffing my mustang while most of the hook ups were on something else. The mustang was putting out the good numbers he needed.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually got through today. I believe it was the high rpm hydros. The shop it does the testing for me is very accomadating. I have no idea how some of these poor people that can not afford new cars get through this. To me it is frustrating, to others it is a huge problem. The rolling exemption needs to come back

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.