Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a local listing for classified adds. I just came across this guy selling these rims. In the add he says that the rims have never had tires mounted, and that the wheels have never been on a car. If you look at the pictures he gave, it kind of makes you wonder.

http://www.craigslist.org/eby/car/44783347.html

By the way, Craigslist is a good place to look for California cars, (minimal rust).

·
Registered
2 Posts
that does seem weird. why wouldn't he just take a picture of the actual wheels he is selling, if they are still in the plastic?

w/e

·
Registered
491 Posts
Kind of hard to see the details if the rims are still packaged. Seller should have mentioned pictures were for show only though.

Dutch

·
Registered
81 Posts
Some people.... Maybe he just found pics of them on another car on the net and used them to show what they look like ?? happens all the time. If it were me, I'd taKe pictures of them in plastic still in the box.

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
That makes to much sense. He sould have and explination of why the wheels and tires he's showing are mounted and NOT in the plastic or in the box. He does say unused...right...unmounted...right...so why show us a picture of wheels with tires mounted on them on a car?????? And he COULD have another set of those very same wheel's still in the box too!! What re the odds?

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't want to buy them. I don't want to contact the seller. I have done that with Ebay few times and the seller just writes back with an angry response. A couple of the guys that had "Holley Double Pumper" listings that were really 3310s. They got pretty mad at the fact that I should even suggest they were mistaken.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts