Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys whats going on I have been pretty busy :D for a while but I have completed everything but the car.oh yeah I sold the 72 chevelle and bought a 90 rs camaro I am still using the same motor.all I had to do was rewire the motor but I ran into a problem when I tried to start it oil came out of a hole on the back top side of the block next to the distributor.Does any know what it could be that would cause it to do that?

·
Newskool
246 Posts
Sounds like where the oil temp sending unit screws in. Is this where the oil is coming from?

This may sound like a smart assed response but that needs to be blocked off :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oil problem

is the oil pressure sensor on the top back side of the block next to the distributor its located just behind the intake manifold.

·
Newskool
246 Posts
That sounds like the one. The openning is about a 1/8 - 1/4 of an inch in size.

Theres a picture of my sending unit openning. Right now I have a brass fitting in it so I have two openings. One goes to an oil pressure guage. The other is for a dummy light. Before when my line blew out of this openning oil gushed everywhere like you said. Make sure no oil got in your distributor. That cause an electrical problem on my car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that's it

can I just top it off or do I have to connect something to it?just to let you know this is a 350 from an 85 vette it was tpi but now it's carb 500 cfm two barrel.

·
Newskool
246 Posts
you will have to block it off with something I recheck your oil levels. I would just go to your local parts store tell them the year of your car etc and ask for and oil pressure sending unit. The one for my 74 350 cost I think $8. Throw a little teflon tape on the threads and screw it in. Done deal ready to go. As long as you didn't run your engine low on oil when it started gushing out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks

nah I didn't run the engine.Luckily I saw the oil before it ran. well thanks alot I really do appreciate it. :thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts