Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to go to a family reunion in the morning and I f'ing hate those things. A bunch of people I hardly know pretending to care how each others lives are going when they would really rather be anywhere else.

If I really wanted to see these people I wouldn't wait for a reunion to do so.

Does anyone else hate these AGUK’s(“Awkward Gatherings of Unkown Kin”) ?

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
Dress in a black suit,get some cheap black shades.Tell everyone you are security for the governor of your state,or better yet,tell them you are a professional hitman.a) they will leave you alone or b)you can pick up some side money

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Family reunion....

Someone either got married or is about to be parked 6' under. Thats about the only way I see my family. With age comes the desire to see the living relatives that you have. Enjoy it now because people don't live forever.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I see a lot of my Uncles and cousins pretty often since a lot of them live in the same town as me but the other aunts and stuff that live out of state that I haven't seen since I was 5 I don't really miss because I don't know them.

I was just venting. anyway all is good because I think I may have gotten out of it after all, dad said “Well I don’t guess you have to go if you really don’t want to” of course he said it in that “I’m really disappointed in you” tone of voice.

·
Shop Owner And Troll Hunter
2,643 Posts
I'm going to one today also. At my age this could be the last time I get to see some of these people, so I'm looking forward to it .
Of course I'm going to a car show first.

Troy

69 SS/RS full custom Camaro 98 ISCA Grand Champion
69 SS/RS BB Camaro wifes driver
66 Elcamino 350/all dz parts,ac,windows,loaded,my driver
69 SS Chevelle BB conv.fresh frame off
26 T sedan street rod

·
Grillin Randy
550 Posts
UnixKid, when I was your age I actually looked forward to family reunions. I got to see all my cousins and we would always have a baseball game. I aways had a lot of fun not to mention the mounds of good food.

I hadn't been to one for a long time until this year, the baseball game is no more, but I still had a good time. One of my relatives is a Smart Chicken producer and he grilled a more than adequate supply of chicken on a charcoal grill. Another relative supplied a generous amount of home-made ice cream. The food was excellent. one of my cousins drove his 68 Cougar up from Missouri so we had to check out his ride. I had a good time.

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
I have been going to family reunions

for the past 56 years. This past summer my daughter and two grandsons from out of town showed up on my door step the day of the reunion SO I took them to see everybody again. Had a GREAT time... really enjoyed seeing everyone again and talking to them. Even as a kid I liked to go and eat and find out what everyone was doing. I say don't go at all if you don't get anything out of it. Nobody forcing you right??

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
What to write here?
41 Posts
Make the best of it. I'd give anything to have a family reunion to go to.

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
yeah there used to be extended families. Hell, I dont' think its that hard to find a job near your family, its just after growing up with people and living with another person's querks and such for 20+ years, once or twice a year is enough... lets not kid ourselves.

K

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just remember that it is not a place to find dates. (Unless you are from West Virginia or Oklahoma)

·
Shop Owner And Troll Hunter
2,643 Posts
What's wrong with a kissing cousin?

Troy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts