Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are a few of us planning on meeting up on Saturday at the Hot Rod Reunion. Bad Rat and I meet here every year for the last 4 years or so, we have a blast. We have a few more from Texas trying to get this way also. Any others interested? I am going to drive my coupe into the grounds area, I bring lawn chairs. food and drink for the oil down times..lol. Let's hear from all that are going.
http://www.museum.nhra.com/apcm/templates/general.asp?articleid=676&zoneid=41&navsource=reunions

·
Registered
547 Posts
Yep!! I'll be there for sure, and the W, Wrabbit and Geezer are chompin at the bits,, so they will be there,, drivin 1600 Mi one way,, I call that dedication,,, I hope some other members show up also,, gonna be a blast for sure,,
You doing the Q this year? I'll make up a big batch of jallapinner salsa, :sweat:

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep!! I'll be there for sure, and the W, Wrabbit and Geezer are chompin at the bits,, so they will be there,, drivin 1600 Mi one way,, I call that dedication,,, I hope some other members show up also,, gonna be a blast for sure,,
You doing the Q this year? I'll make up a big batch of jallapinner salsa, :sweat:
I plan on something like last years sandwiches again, pork is on sale at my fave store. I am still trying to find out about driving in to the place like last time, can't get an answer.

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am putting on the finishing touches on breakfast and lunch for the Hot Rod Reunion. Breakfast burritos and pulled pork sandwiches. 4 a.m. and I am fired up, can't sleep, going to meet up with Bad Rat, he goes every year, comes down from Washington, Wretched Ratchet will be there, maybe 36willys will show also, he doesn't make too many Sat. events though, WR flew in Thursday, BR (Bill) took him to the coast yesterday to see the Pacific ocean. The coupe is almost loaded, I drive in, we have a place to hang out.
If any of you guys are going, look for my coupe, we won't be too fr away. Probably be at the car when an oil down happens, lunch time, hopefully we get a decent place to park. Dan

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Met up with the guys yesterday, we had a blast! Em is a real nice guy, lots of good stories to spin, Bill and I go back a few years, we always have a good time. Bill brought his grandson Cooper with him, a super nice kid, 9 years old, very well behaved and polite. He really dug the races and was wanting to jump into the stands quickly after our breaks. Got the coupe into the grounds, we had breakfast burritos and pulled pork sandwiches, chips and salsa to hold us through the day, set up lawn chairs and had a nice place to kick back. Beautiful weather, 80 with a nice breeze most all day. Hopefully we will make this an annual event for all of us, Bill, my buddy Gary and I will be there, God willin, hope Em gets to join us also and any of you all that want to join us, get to planning! Racing was great and I really need to find the second to last AA fuel altered race on you tube or maybe it is in the Bangshift archives, the best I have ever seen, made me say Holy ******* about 5 times as they went down the track!

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's not on YouTube yet but keep an eye out for the Winged Express run, Hot Rod reunion 2012, incredible!

·
one full turn after it squeeks
1,173 Posts
Incredible indeed plus this old Texan got to meet and hang out with Dinger and Bad Rat. Heck, I even got to see the Pacific Ocean, Elephant Seals and dine on Dinger's breakfast burritos and pulled pig sammiches. I'm gonna tell ya folks, that Dinger is "the hostess with the mostess" and Rat's a "tour guide par excellance".

Thanks for taking care of me and for a wonderful time gentlemen. I'll never forget it.

Em

·
Die standin' up
413 Posts
im sure glad you made it mego. it just wasnt a good time for me. the invite was great and hard to pass up. t j is doin purdy good now. maby next year.sounds like breakfast and lunch was great! maby i'll get to try that dinger q next year. its on my bucket list to meet you guys.

·
Die standin' up
413 Posts
hahaha, i got a package in the mail today from my mego wretched wratchet. all them pics of the trip on a cd and a dang nice t ahirt from dinger dan. thanks guys. it made my day. i still got to look at the pics. gona get t j to show me how rite now. thanks again guys and i hope to see you all next year. you too our favorite rat.

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,464 Posts
I sure would like that, but it's not in the cards this year darn it.

Brian

·
Registered
547 Posts

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Bill, go to 2:42, it doesn't get a good shot like we had, it's from the back but cool none the less.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.