Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone direct me to information about drilling the steam holes in the fast burn heads. I read the post about the 30 degree angle for the one set, but in a different artical, the author said 45 degrees. I have centerpunched these brand new heads, but can't bring myself to drill yet ! thanks

·
I dun learned sumthin
248 Posts
Ya know buddy. A competent machinist should probably do this. I don't know if the fastburns are aluminum or iron but it is a presice job. Not to discourage you, if you feel up to it by all means do it but I know how expensive heads are and you need to be careful

·
Registered
838 Posts
One of the holes you can drill straight down through to water no problem the other hole that is near the head bolt hole you have to angle a bit so that it goes to water too. I never thought about the angle but 45 degrees sounds like way too much.
If you try to drill the one thats near bolt hole straight it will either never hit water or will come out half way and very likely grab and break the drill bit. Might want to practice on a scrap casting first.
The holes dont have to be very big.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts