Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
............and he drives it work, the grocery store, church? The supposed "street car" term is bullchit as any RACE CAR can be made to do the 25 mile loop (not nitro cars of course) with addition of lights, a huge radiator and a de-tune job. Not what I would call a "street car". Kudo's to the man though for having a fast car.

·
Banned
9,993 Posts
............and he drives it work, the grocery store, church? The supposed "street car" term is bullchit as any RACE CAR can be made to do the 25 mile loop (not nitro cars of course) with addition of lights, a huge radiator and a de-tune job. Not what I would call a "street car". Kudo's to the man though for having a fast car.
Its not a street car to YOU, but opinions are like...

If its licensed, insured, and runs on whatever fuel is available at the local gas stations then I think it would be qualified as a street car, technically there's not much else required to be able to take it anywhere on the streets.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Yea and your opinions are always correct....right? Just how many "Street Cars" are going to run 6.69 @ 220 on the fuel from the local gas station and pass a normal state tech inspection for the required equipment. I'd like to see the car and I'd like to see him drive it from L.A. to Las Vegas on a hot summers day.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
One persons oppinion.

A street car is one that belongs on the street. A racecar goes on the track. They do not mix well. If so It does not last. Where I am, the cops hear your big solid cam idle, you even drop the throttle a little and good luck getting it back. If you can hide it to some point, and keep it at some nostalgic level in a old car, you can sneak by. They grab your car and send it to inspection, you lose. It all. Never heard of a warning anymore. They want money, and know how to get it.

edit- The gascity stations that sell 108+- octane will not even let you fill it into the vehicle. They will cut the pump.

It is the guys in the blues that dictate or you end up in the penitentury.

Life goal , spend as little time in jail as possible. It is no fun.

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,464 Posts
Of course there are all kinds of opinions on this, that is proof that it is kinda ludicrous to call it a "street car". Being it is licensed and "can" legally drive on the street and it's so fast is "cute", but it doesn't make it a "street car". I mean think about it, you could take a top fuel funny car and put some little front brakes, put lights and a mild small block in it and roll it into a DMV and get a VIN for it and register it as a "street car". You then put your 6000 hp hemi back in and you have a 4 second 285 MPH "street car". So the whole thing is kind of a joke. To qualify for a "street car" it would have to have a given miles on the odometer, in my world at least a few thousand miles a year, if it isn't getting driven a few thousand miles it isn't a street car to me. At least for this label on the drag strip. Obviously the restored 65 Mustang that never gets driven won't have a few thousand miles on it, but it IS a "street car". But it wouldn't be in this competition for the fastest street car right? So don't bust my chops over it.

Brian

·
Registered
650 Posts
He needs to ship it here to the states and compete in HotRods Dragweek.
Five races at 4 different racetracks(4 states) in 5 days. NO support vehicles, only what you can pack in the car, or a trailer attached to said car. About 1600 miles of real road driving.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.