Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought fatmans IFS stage II kit to put in my 1951 chevy. I am going to put a 350 chevy engine into it. I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get some good installation pictures of this kit being installed? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
pictures...I aint got no pictures??

Once you strip off the fenders and pull the engine/trans, You will need measurements from the stock setup and transfer that to the floor directly underneath your frame. I would suggest putting the car up on stands and pulling the wheels. I used a string off each axle and marked the ground with chalk and tape to show me the old wheelbase and width. Leave the string with a bolt attached for weight on the rear(you are making your own plum-bobs). Then I set up the Mustang II setup I bought I had reference points to go from in setting up my new front end. Mark all 4 corners and then disassemble the old stuff and grind off the frame tabs. You will have to visualize the floor and the marks to get and idea of why this is so important to your new install.

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts