Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pulling the body and cleaning up the fenders etc. on a 35 ford tudor. As most know, the rear fenders and other body parts on most of these old cars have some type of gasket material between them and the main section of the body they bolt to. I see many rodders are welding the rear fenders back on and getting away from the bolts and gaskets. I hear there are less creaks and rattles using this method and also, it looks better seamless. Also, i have no door handles or hardware for this car. Probably shoud shave the handles. What are the typical ways/options on shaving the handles?

·
Registered
599 Posts
beetle9,

read post "shaving door handles" by 1gotachevyor2 a couple posts down. lots of info there.

JB

·
Registered
4 Posts
What your finding between the fender & body is not really gasket material but the remnants of the old body welting. A lot of cars today to get a clean appearance, eliminate this 3/16-1/4 black welting around these seams. and if the fit is good not a problem. I personally would not weld the fenders on as any damage later would be a real pain to repair

1 - 3 of 3 Posts