Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Fiberglass '33 Willys. Body and chassis by Dennis Taylor. New custom made Moser 9" housing and axles. Triangulated 4-bar. QA-1 coilovers. Mustang II front suspension. Weld Pro Star wheels - 15 X 10" rear, 15 X 5" front. New Hoosier 305/50-15 Quick Time tires on rear.

Call with questions. Location Southeast Missouri.

Lynn Winter
(573) 788-2574

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So is this your build, slick ?

pep

I guess I don't quite understand what you're asking. If you're asking about the rear suspension, I did build/install that, and also installed the Mustang II front suspension. The 'glass body and bare chassis was done by Dennis Taylor in Arkansas.

BTW....I neglected to list a price in my original post. Price is $10,500

Lynn
(573) 788-2574

·
Registered
17,613 Posts
I guess I don't quite understand what you're asking.
"Slick" is sort of like a nickname, like "Hey Slick, what's goin' on today"? The slang definition of slick has a positive and negative meaning. The positive meaning is a clever person. The negative meaning is a person who can also be a cheat or a swindler, which is sort of how I see Richard Rawlings of Gas Monkey Garage. He's a little too "slick" for me.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I understand. In this case I didn't know if rip-tide was referring to the car as being slick, or referring to me in a positive or negative way. I try to look at things in a pretty positive way, so I'll take it as the car being slick......which it would be, finished as either as a hot rod or as a drag race car. Right now it's a blank canvas.

·
Magazines have “ISSUES”
994 Posts
Let me esplain, slick as in a slick car, why would it personal ?

I don't have the first clue as to who the heck you are. Lower the self esteem bar a tad it's not always about you

pep

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rip-tide....no offense taken. I just didn't understand what you were asking or saying. Thanks for the compliment on the car! It could indeed be slick, but it's just a bigger project than I want right now.

Lynn

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, delawarebill! I have the crazy idea to build a rail dragster, similar to what might have been run in lower HP dragster classes back in the late 60's and early 70's when I was about 20 years old. It would be built to meet current safety requirements and would be a relatively short 125" to 140" wheelbase. My plan would be to run a pretty mild, carbureted SBC with Powerglide. Bracket racing only and maybe only a few times a season. Lots of work for such a small amount of use, but I enjoy fabricating. Selling the Willys would fund the dragster. I also considered the Willys to go racing, but really have my mind set on a dragster.

Lynn

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
building a dragster huh

now that is gonna be fun.. maybe 20 yrs ago I attended a car show in new jersey. fella had a dragster with a 6 cyl that ran including the enclosed trl for $10 grand. I was really thinking of it till I tried to sit in it... fella musta been 5'5" cause I did not fit. oh well had to pass.. but your project sounds wonderful and a blast. I didn't care of doing 300 mph it was for the fun... SOOOO do it..
and yes i'm jealous

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
maybe 20 yrs ago I attended a car show in new jersey. fella had a dragster with a 6 cyl that ran including the enclosed trl for $10 grand
20 years ago $10K was a LOT of money! LOL

In addition to the Willys I also have a '48 Ford coupe (un-started, complete project car) that's been put aside that I would like to sell too. I seem to go in cycles of acquiring too many projects and finally realize I need to reduce "inventory". I have enough going now to probably keep me busy for a couple years. Being retired, I have NO idea of how anyone has time for a job.

Lynn

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've given a lot more thought to what I want to build, considering the project cars I now have in "inventory". To thin the fleet, and to help me focus more on other projects and interests, I'm lowering the price of the Willys to sweeten the offering. It is easy to imagine the Willys becoming a very unique hot rod, pro street or drag car! I have a lot more photos of the Willys I could send via E-mail.

If you're interested in more of a "package", I also have a freshly rebuilt mild 350 Chevy engine, a 327 Chevy, and a powerglide that could be purchased separately or with the Willys.

Price for the Willys reduced to $9900.00

Contact me by e-mail for photos [email protected] or call me to discuss the car and ask questions (573) 788-2574
(Home) or (573) 286-3335 (Cell)

Thanks.

Lynn

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm open to considering offers, so don't hold back. The Willys will really be a unique car whether it's finished as a hot rod or drag car. It's just waiting for a new owner and direction.

Lynn

(573) 788-2574

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.