Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I know what your thinking... Whats a Jeep Guy doing on a hotrodders site? Well here is my dilema. I am looking for answers and I did a search on prepping fiberglass and my searches lead me to you guys site! Hopefully you can help. Currently in the process of picking up supplies for a 79' Jeep CJ7 that I built up for the past two years to paint it. My dad has the experience in the paint department. Just curious if you guys have some sugjestions on Prepping my fiberglass body for paint. I am doing a Base coat/clear coat of Deep Amethyst purple. The body has no paint on it whatsoever. Just Gelcoat. Any of you guys have steps that you like to take while prepping out fiberglass tubs or hoods or anything please let me know. Anything I should be aware of before getting all my mold waves out please feel free to send me an email or leave me a message. I really apreciate anything, anybody has to say. Thanks guys!

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bomo,
Thanks man I apreciate it. Like I said my dad is shooting the paint, but its been awhile since he has done some work, so times have changed. I have heard about the same basic things with the Hi-build primers. The info. you gave me I will take some notes and see what other stuff I can come up with. When you prepped your glass body for your T-bucket... How were the mold waves on something like that? Fairly easy to get out? or Time consuming? Certain size block you prefer using best or any other tricks or tips that your willing to give out let me know.
But thanks for the info you posted already!
~Real Jeeps Don't Wear Bowties~

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.