Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has been a while since I posted anything as nothing new has changed aside from what I'm "fix'n to do". The 55 shown below is on its way to becoming an alternative fuel dragster, that white 6.2 diesel was purchased especially for said project. I won't be posting any more about it until I have some progress though.

Anyway, so yesterday I had the day off and decided to get a move on installing the I-beam that is going to support my second floor loft. I took some pictures and before anyone asks, yes this was a solo job though my wife did bring out some water and took the last few pictures of me playing with the new toy.

The beam is a w18x40 that is 39' 10.5" long if anyone is curious. Glad the lift was able to roll around for positioning and such. Admittedly, it would have been quicker with a fork lift...though I suspect it would have been easier without hearing "Why don't you call xxxx and see if they can help?" whenever I was higher than 3 feet off the ground and had an audience.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chained it in place today. I have provisions for doubling up the chains but a thunderstorm started and I needed to get the floor clear so I could have the nice rides indoors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.