Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Its just metal,you're the boss
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit my first deer this morning at 7:10 on the way to school. I got a piece of him too at least 50mph right square in the center of the cavaliers hood. hood is needless to say toast, along with the condenser, core support, lights etc.

there is silver lining however. I contacted my insurance agency at 10:00 adjuster was at my house at 3:00. i was very happy with that. im afraid its probably the exception opposed to the rule but i cant complain.

my first thought was watch this guy, hes with the insurance company.But we got talking about this and that, turns out hes a car guy. so i took him into the garage and showed showed him some of the projects. next thing i know, he's reviewing everything with me, tacking on for the littlest things. even put on for an O.E.M. hood at a cost of 600 dollars and said "get an after market or salvage hood the difference will cover your deductible".

I'm considering doing the work myself to make a little money and for a faster turn around. the way i understood the terms this is perfectly legitimate. i asked several times if there were any restrictions on the shop i take it to. they said it was my decision. so if i decide to take it across the road and fix it at my shop, and pay myself for the labor seems like everything should be on the up and up. or atleast close enough for me. until someone from the insurance company reads this post fires the adjuster and i go to jail :D. any thoughts on the legality of my proposed plan?

·
Its just metal,you're the boss
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no, between the 5 deer my brother got and the 2 my dad and i got this year i thought we had enough..too much even, any one want some venison?

·
Registered
285 Posts
I was on my Harley riding home one evening, riding slowly because of animals in the road. Sure as sheet there was a young deer right in the middle of my lane, spread eagle. It had been hit. I stopped to see if I could help it but before I got my kickstand down, it scrambled to its feet and ran away. I was happy to see that. The roadway has become a killing field for wildlife. There is a solution though. Petition your representatives to install animal culverts underneath roads. This saves creatures and humans too.

Wildlife Crossings

·
Registered
584 Posts
tab said:
I was on my Harley riding home one evening, riding slowly because of animals in the road. Sure as sheet there was a young deer right in the middle of my lane, spread eagle. It had been hit. I stopped to see if I could help it but before I got my kickstand down, it scrambled to its feet and ran away. I was happy to see that. The roadway has become a killing field for wildlife. There is a solution though. Petition your representatives to install animal culverts underneath roads. This saves creatures and humans too.

Wildlife Crossings
Geez tab, you and your spamming. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
You have the right to do what you want with the insurance check. You have the right to choose whatever shop you want to do the work, or If you are happy with the estimate, have them cut you a check and fix it yourself if you feel you can do the job. Man when the economy was so bad, there were a lot of banged up cars, people must of been spending their insurance checks. He must of liked you, to get everything and extras written by an insurance company is like finding a hens tooth. Its a constant complaint on how many insurance companys don't want to pay for all time or oem parts on an estimate. I hit a deer right after I got my regular license with moms car and whole family riding along. Lucky it was just a baby, did no damage. But it was squeeling as it tried getting to the ditch, Broke its leg. Had to call the dnr to go and shoot. Been lucky since then, but sister still calls me bambi killer once in awhile. Might have traumatized her a little, she was only about 10 at the time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts