Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I am in dire need of new clutch linkage for my 78 T/A. Mine have been greased, welded, you name it I have done it. I have tried to research this but I keep coming to a dead end.

My question is does anyone know if the camaro and firebird clutch linkage systems are the same? I have heard they are and heard they are not. In one way I would think they would beacuse they are basically the same car. On the other hand one had a pontiac motor and the other had a chevy motor. I would think the different engine dimensions would make the linkage different. I am at a dead end with this.

Thanks in advance for helping me out with this.:thumbup:

·
Registered
190 Posts
BanditT/A said:
Hey guys,
I am in dire need of new clutch linkage for my 78 T/A. Mine have been greased, welded, you name it I have done it. I have tried to research this but I keep coming to a dead end.

My question is does anyone know if the camaro and firebird clutch linkage systems are the same? I have heard they are and heard they are not. In one way I would think they would beacuse they are basically the same car. On the other hand one had a pontiac motor and the other had a chevy motor. I would think the different engine dimensions would make the linkage different. I am at a dead end with this.

Thanks in advance for helping me out with this.:thumbup:
www.classicindustries.com
Classic Industries should have everything you need.

Here's the Firebird section.
http://www.parts123.com/PartFrame.a...lassicindustries.com&TITLE=Classic_Industries

When you open this page pull down Transmission in the category button, then pull down flywheel and clutch in the sub category button then select 1978 in the year button. That will take you to 10 pages of T/A clutch parts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts