Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for a source for a small block firewall for my 38. So far I have been looking at *****en Products, but I want to look at all options. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
9,050 Posts
i don't know how good you are at fabricating, but way back before kits etc. i used a wheelbarrow for the firewall in my 35 coupe. nobody could tell (had a nailhead buick in it)

·
Registered
699 Posts
I have the *****en brand firewall in my 30 Model A and it is OK except I have a small block chevy motor in there with the distributor in the back. If you ever want to remove the distributor, you have to drop the motor, which is a big hassle. I would try to find a firewall that had an area designed in it to remove the distributor without that problem, unless you have a motor with the distributor up front.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I think I will go with that manufacturer I mentioned, but maybe with the big block firewall. My 350 is now a 383 with a Eagle crank and rods. I will be installing a MSD HEI and I need plenty of room to extract it when I need to. What do you guys think of the Speed Demon carb's?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good idea '45, but I did inquire about that and they said the only options are 3" set back for the small block and 5" for the the big block. Something about thier stampng dies, which makes sense to me. I set the body on the frame and it looks like the 3" set back will work but if it's not, I'm in trouble. My thought is if I do the 5" set back I can use any size motor.
I think I answered my own question.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts