Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the middle of doing some bodywork now. Started tacking a patch panel in yesterday with my MIG and was not happy with how much the welds will need to be ground down, so I have to do some research on how to TIG the patch panels as I have a newer Diversion 165 I need to put to use.

Once this is done and I have my filler work completed, I wanted to shoot some epoxy (maybe even before the filler work). I have a 2 car garage and your typical 30 gallon portable air compressor. I also recently purchased the "purple" paint gun from HF per some decent results online.

My question is how much overspray do these HLVP guns create? I plan on spraying a panel at a time as that is how I am doing my repairs. To spray say a 2'x2' area, do I need to go the whole 9, hanging plastic, fans w/filters, etc due to the overspray? Protecting the body with a mask, suit and gloves is a given, just curious how much worse it is from a gun as to say compared to a spray can.

Thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
No matter what you do if you do not take the precautions the one thing that you do not want to have over-spray on will be covered. Personally I would take everything out that you can to create as much space as possible and then cover everything that remains with a plastic tarp

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I need to do more searching on this site for the homemade booths, I know there is a bunch of info on it.

For small panels like a quarter panel or patch panel, do you use fans in the plastic area like you would spraying a whole car, or just spray until coated and then leave through an opening of the plastic?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.