Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i usually just scan these sites for information but i thought it might now be time to share.

the time has come to rebuild my dream truck and i'm hoping to find experienced help.

the truck is a 1940 ford coe firetruck. still runs and everything works except the light on the siren but the siren wails.

anyway i hope to find some experienced help out there. maybe i even got a picture attached here.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
poncho62

great first time reply.....judging from the photo

my daughter was born on the front seat of my 51 ford pickup

anyway plans for right now are just to breathe some new life into the 40 for now

it only needs brakes and a new clutch and 12volt conversion to make that happen

but a few upgrades and a lot of tlc will go along with that

eventually.....mid engine cummins with 4wd f550 axles (already on hand)

but being a coe i have a problem with front leaf spring upgrades so i'm planning to go parallel 4 link air suspension front and rear

that being a big undertaking i don't want to mess up i'm going to do a practice run using a 3/4 ton 4wd dodge chassis i have and a 48 ford f6 coe cab i've been dragging around for years

i'll do everything but the mid engine on that rig

only problem is no papers on the 48 ford so i have to find my way through that problem while i get the 40 up and running as is this winter

boys and toys what a burden

hope you see this since you asked

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.