Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 87 Suburban 4X4 and I would love to fit my 1957 F-100 body on it has anybody done this how much work would be involved I want to keep the engine and trans from the burb in it so that I could have a 4X4 newer frame rather than my old 57 frame I was thinking of the piece of frame that's going to come off I could weld it where the cut is what do you guys think? Thanks!

·
Hotrodders.com moderator
9,581 Posts
It is quite a lot of work to do that but can be done..if you have to modify the wheelbase we pick a straight section of frame and make an angle cut and then bring the two pieces together and then fully box that area of the splice..same technique is used if we replace a bent section of frame in collision work..

As far as body mounts is concerned one just has to set the "new body" on the chassis and get everything lined up then measure for what needs to be done for body mounts..

This is not all that new and amazing as for a while there was a fad to put car bodies on 4x4 chassis and this is basically how it goes..

Sam

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Frame re-fitting.

Sam thanks your the man my brother is having a 29 Ford body and chopped put on a 93 truck frame with the engine, trans, and so on but the only thing is he lives away from me and he has the money the guy doing the work does that type of work for a living and my brother is having his 74 Firebird Formula redone I mean completely like they do on the show Overhauling and two months ago he bought a 41 ford car factory 8 for $4000.00 dollars in mint condition some guy needed the money fast what a deal. Thanks! Roland

1 - 3 of 3 Posts