Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant remember where i read this, but someone said that a dished piston with a properly designed combustion chamber can promote better flame travel than a flat top. is this all talk or is there hidden science behind this theory? do valve reliefs affect combustion at all?

·
Registered
17,613 Posts
I cant remember where i read this, but someone said that a dished piston with a properly designed combustion chamber can promote better flame travel than a flat top.
It would take a whole bunch of explanation to convince me.

do valve reliefs affect combustion at all?
The very fact that they are there at all means that they will affect SOMETHING to a certain degree. Whether it is measureable is another question.

·
Registered
12,338 Posts
Contact union76 they are very very helpful about helping out people asking about fuels.They will fax a lot of very good information directly to you. The information goes a little scientific sometimes but there is enough information available to really get an idea of what fuel does when it burns. Also ask them to fax information about additives,tell them you are a racer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.