Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to put flamed effects behind my headliner, but i'm not exactly sure what type of material I should use to make a mold of the flames. I was thinking some type of foam. If I should use foam, what type of foam might some of you guys recomend.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Foam? Foam? You want foam, I can teach you allll about foam and how to do your headliner. You should use a dense closed cell foam to get the best flames. My only question is why are you doing it yourself when there are a bunch of cmpanies selling the flamed headliners? I could see if you were doing something custom, but they are just flames. If you need to know anything else or need more help let mme know, happy to help.

HK

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It just seemed funner to do it myself :) Oh yes and another thing... where can I get this "dense closed cell foam?" Like would a hardware store sell it or will I have too look somewhere else?

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Any upostery shop would carry it, beware it ain't cheap. Go find the foam foam foam post in this forum and it has lots of good links with foam to buy.

HK

1 - 8 of 8 Posts