Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to flame the front by first painting a gold and then candi red, but I was going to paint the rest of the car base black or purple. Is there going to be alot of color difference between the two. I want it to blend in and not stand out to much. I don't want the rest of the car to look plain. Would painting silver or another color be better to blend with the gold?

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I must get you basic idea down. You want to paint the car with a black base coat with a gold base flame front then cover the entire car in red candy?

Well yes there will be a noticiable difference. The front will be a lighter burgundy type color while the rest of the car will be a deep dark cherry color. It is a nice combination, but it will be different. What I would do is your basic idea and then before the clear outline your flames either with gold leaf or gold pinstriping and then clear. The gold will break up the two just enough to keep the paint flowing and add a very cool look. Your idea is sound and I've done it before on a '49 Merc and it looked very sweet. The thing that will bring together the paint is the outlining, so if your paintshop or you are a good striper it will look very nice, you can even add some custom gold striping on the trunk to give it a real custom look and bring it together very nice.

HK

·
Kenneth Howard hates you...
572 Posts
Make sure you mix a small amount of the same catalyst in your striping paint that is in the clear, or they will separate.
Later,
WEIMER

1 - 3 of 3 Posts