Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every Hot August Nights in my home town of Reno, Nevada I see these old 51 Merc's with a Flat Black Paint Jobs. It is almost like a Satin Finish. Can anyone tell me what type of paint or process this is?? Thanks....

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Some use a single stage satin paint like our own DrgnWgn289 he uses a John Deer (Tractor) paint called blitz black. Some use a 2 stage (BC/CC) with a flattening agent in the paint.

HK

·
Registered
313 Posts
Here ya go, sorry I missed that. You're from Reno? I used to be from Dayton but I moved out here for school. What kind of car do you have?

[ February 28, 2003: Message edited by: drgnwgn289 ]</p>

·
Registered
14 Posts
I really like that, I was going to go with painting my truck like a dark blue, but that idea looks more...well....neat and different.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I painted my car with Dupont Centari Acrylic enamel. There is a flattening agent you can mix with the paint, the more you add, the flatter, or more suede like the paint will appear. If you want, I can get the # off the can in the garage for you.web page

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes, two-stage paint with flattening agent. Looks awesome. Thats what I have on my 97 S-10. Would even do a show car with it. Very clean look.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts