Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at IFS and IRS for my new project 53 Chevy 1/2 ton
Does anybody have one of these kits in there pickup, what are the draw backs, how does it ride

·
Registered
5,653 Posts

About $800 for the front ...

A little less for the rear ...

Sounds like a LOT of $$$ for what you get ... to me ... :rolleyes:
Plus I have NEVER ridden in a Corvette with a decent ride ...

BUT ... That's why they make chocolate and vanilla ... :thumbup:

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Duce, you bring up a very good point about the chocolate and vanilla!!!
I think I will keep up my search for the perfect ride and do a little more imagineering!!! Paul Newman says he can build a roller with his rendition of
corvette IFS and IRS for half of my budget !!

·
Philippines Cowboy
888 Posts
Deuce said:
Plus I have NEVER ridden in a Corvette with a decent ride ...
Well, I should hope not! Back in the fifties, a friend gave me a ride in his Elva. At the time, I was just beginning my graduate studies in automotive engineering and had little understanding of what was needed for good handling. I got out of that car wondering why anyone would spend their money for a car which jolted you in the rear when you ran over a discarded cigarette.

Without a dynamic (computer controlled) suspension, good handling is necessarily associated with high wheel rates and a relatively poor ride.

(I just Googled "elva" and discovered that the car in which I rode must have been brand new. I'm sorry that I wasn't more appreciative in my comments to my friend...another student. I wish, now, that I could have another chance to ride...or drive...that car so I could more fully appreciate it.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts